About Me

My photo
Hiddy Hoo Electronic Neighbors. I'm your every day 'Joe' comfortably settled in to my middle-aged life. I enjoy being active, being healthy, live music, taking weekend motorcycle trips around the Upper Midwest, cooking and trying to be a good role model for my teenage son. I was a fat guy, in the summer of 2010 I made the switch. The only reason I look back there now is for motivation. Cheers!! Be well!

Friday, February 8, 2013

The KISS Rule


Primal for Dummies (me).

With my apologies to Geico, it's so easy a Caveman can do it.  There's really no confusion with a Primal diet, 'fresh' and 'natural' are the two words that come to mind.

I recently read a post on Dakota Jones' blog at www.irunfar.com entitled Food (link here).  Putting some of the humor aside, one of the points that's made is; instead of focusing on what you should be eating, it's probably easier, at least initially, to focus on what you could or should be removing from your diet.  Not everyone is going to like the thought of snacking on a tin of Sardines (in oil of course) mid-morning.  It's easier to accept that we should/could change out that mid-morning junk food for a healthier choice, whatever it is.

If you're even a shred of a cook in the kitchen, there are a ton of excellent meals that can be easily prepared.  
Here's a good reference that I use.  
Likewise, here's another site full of recipes.
 (It's also noteworthy that Mark Sisson's newsletter is excellent, and it's free to subscribe)

There are really only two things that I require for when I cook my meals.  First, they must taste excellent.  Second, they must be easy to prepare.  And yes, you can have all three, easy, tasty and Primal all in the same meal.

My diet consists of a lot of eggs (love, love, love eggs!), chicken, venison, spinach, almonds, fish (not battered), brussel sprouts and yes, red wine.  :-)

For me, I apply the KISS rule, Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Cheers!!!  Be Well!


No comments:

Post a Comment