About Me

My photo
Hiddy Hoo Electronic Neighbors. I'm your every day 'Joe' comfortably settled in to my middle-aged life. I enjoy being active, being healthy, live music, taking weekend motorcycle trips around the Upper Midwest, cooking and trying to be a good role model for my teenage son. I was a fat guy, in the summer of 2010 I made the switch. The only reason I look back there now is for motivation. Cheers!! Be well!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Just.....Run!


First Race of 2013 Is In The Books...and it was good.

The running season kicked off with great success for me.  I set a new PR with under a 7:30/mile pace.  I beat my previous PR by over 15 seconds.  Didn't expect it either.

As I've documented, I've been eating and living primal since 12/2/2012.  Race day was exactly three months of living primal and it was also the last day of my P90X Lean workout routine.  The before and after pictures show noticeable change, mostly in the reduction of body fat and looking (and feeling) stronger.

(Here's a pic after the race, Yes, that's beer in those glasses.  I earned it! lol)
The biggest surprise for me during the race really didn't have anything to do with being primal.  My surprise came from the benefits of cross training.  Truth be told, I hadn't gone for a run in almost two months.  The P90X Lean workouts were all I was doing during our northern Winter months.  I was surprised by how comfortable I was during the race.

The next race is a shorter 5k at another local Brewery....see a pattern here??  LOL

To quote a good friend of mine, 'if you don't take care of your body, where are you going to live'.

Be fit, Be healthy, Be well!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment