About Me

My photo
Hiddy Hoo Electronic Neighbors. I'm your every day 'Joe' comfortably settled in to my middle-aged life. I enjoy being active, being healthy, live music, taking weekend motorcycle trips around the Upper Midwest, cooking and trying to be a good role model for my teenage son. I was a fat guy, in the summer of 2010 I made the switch. The only reason I look back there now is for motivation. Cheers!! Be well!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Foods I Won't Live Without



Foods I Won't Live Without
We all have out 'favorite' foods, but these are my foods that I won't be without.
  1. Eggs.  I eat one or more eggs virtually every day.  My typical weekday breakfast is two hard boiled eggs.  For me, it's a perfect way to start the day.  Whether it's hard boiled, over easy, sunny side up, fried hard, scrambled or the main part of one of my favorite omelets, Eggs are one of the 10 foods that will always be a big parts of my Primal table.
  2. Red meat, specifically Venison.   Growing up in a family that values being outdoors, hunting and fishing have always been a part of my life.  It also goes without saying that table fare is always first and foremost.
  3. Brussel Sprouts.  Sauteed or fried, love these little things
  4. Avocado.  One of my go to 'power' foods.
  5. Chicken.  Is there a more versatile meat out there?!
  6. Berries. Blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries.  Technically that's 4 foods in one, but who cares, they're all excellent
  7. Greens.  Kale, iceberg, romaine, etc.  Love all of them.
  8. Almonds.  Is there a more perfect daytime snack food?!

No comments:

Post a Comment